The Point Loma Optimist sponsored Baja Chefs presentation will be held from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, on Sunday, October 16, 2016, at the NTC Foundation Gallery, Barracks 17 Plaza, Liberty Station. Jim Seman and his committee, including co-organizer and Culinary & Beverage Director Fernando Gaxiola of Baja Wine + Food, have organized another spectacular happening at which top Baja Chefs will create a dining experience mirroring Valle Guadalupe. The gourmet experience will include Baja regional wines as well as local, craft beers.
This is an important community event in that all proceeds go to Dewey elementary school curriculum and equipment. Last year’s event provided funds for a science lab and equipment valued at more the $20,000. The Point Loma Optimist Club selected Dewey Elementary School as the beneficiary of the money raised because the students there are primarily from families headed by enlisted military personnel, who simply cannot contribute the hundreds of thousands of dollars contributed by parents at the other Point Loma cluster elementary schools.
Amongst the Chefs and restaurants involved in this year’s event are:
- La Terrasse San Roman – Chef Martin San Roman
- Traslomita – Chef Sheyla Alvarado
- Olivia – Chef Gianinna Gavaldon
- Latitud 32 – Chef Marco Marin
- Finca Altozano – ChefPedro Penuelas
- Sabina Restaurante – Sabina Bandera
- La Esperanza – Chef Miguel Angel Guerrero
- Conchas de Piedra, Oyster bar
Food and beverage pairings will be as follows:
- La Terrasse – AlXimia
- Traslomita – Lomita
- Olivia – Cava Maciel
- Latitud 32 – Lechuza
- Finca Altozano – Torres Alegre
- Sabina Restaurante – Casa Magoni
- La Esperanza – Adobe Guadalupe
- Conchas de Piedra – Casa de Piedra
The price of the event remains the same, $150 per person. Last year’s party was outstanding and this year is shaping up even better. There are only 250 tickets available, so please hurry to take advantage of this once-a-year opportunity to enjoy this Valle Guadalupe experience, without having to leave town.